2020 in Review: What a Year to Remember
I think we can both agree that 2020 was a year to remember…
We hope you, your family, and friends are healthy, safe, and enjoying the holidays as you should, while entering 2021 with a glass half full.
For us at Draper Goren Holm, we have a lot to feel grateful for as we look back and see our progress as an early-stage Venture Studio and Fund, and world-leading conference producers.
2020 is definitely one for the books, so before we enter 2021, we wanted to take a moment and share with you our progress this year:
- We introduced our $25M Blockchain Venture Fund to the world and announced the first close with three strong investments made recently;
- Our Venture Studio is now home to 19 amazing portfolio companies;
- Our family grew with Adam Levy joining the team full-time as Operations Manager and Joy Schoffler, Shruthi Rao, Rodney Sampson, and Matthew Le Merle joining as venture partners;
- Draper Goren Holm was recently featured on Fox Business and was collectively mentioned over 1,000 times in publications like TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Business Insider, Crunchbase News, and many more;
- We launched the first-ever cryptocurrency exchange plugin on WordPress using Totle’s API, a portfolio company of Draper Goren Holm. With over 600 active installs, anyone in the world can now launch their own decentralized exchange with zero coding skills!
- LA Blockchain Summit concluded as the largest industry conference in the world as we hosted 40,000 viewers and over 260 speakers across two stages spanning two days with over 800 media mentions in numerous outlets like Fortune, Bloomberg, CoinDesk, Cointelegraph, and Decrypt, to name a few;
- We partnered with eToro to give away $100 in bitcoin to nearly everyone who attended LA Blockchain Summit;
- We kickstarted a quarantine-inspired weekly series called Blockchain & Booze in April and already hosted over 3,000 participants and 100 speakers from around the world;
- We launched an additional two world-class events: Global Digital Securities Summit and Global DeFi Summit, collectively hosting nearly 3,000 attendees worldwide;
- We announced our Blacks on the Blockchain initiative and pledged a minimum of $100,000 in investment to propel racial equity;
- And we raised and donated over $7,000 to Giveback Heroes for COVID-19 frontline workers and first responders by auctioning over 260 speaker-inspired non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on OpenSea;
…and that was just 2020!
Thank you for sticking around and allowing Draper Goren Holm to be apart of your life. We’re so excited for what 2021 has in store, and we wish you a fruitful year ahead.
Happy holidays and happy new year!
– Draper Goren Holm