SoCal Venture Firm Draper Goren Holm Ranked In 2020’s Most Active Blockchain Investors
The Westlake Village and Santa Monica-based Venture Firm made the top list of most active blockchain VCs in Cointelegraph’s 2020 Blockchain Venture Capital Report
Los Angeles, California — April 12, 2021 — Cointelegraph, a global leader in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency news, recently published their Blockchain Venture Capital Report, recapping 2020’s private funding activities naming Draper Goren Holm one of 2020’s most active blockchain venture capitalists.
According to the report, Draper Goren Holm was ranked fourth in the world as the most active blockchain technology investor attracting 12 early-stage equity and token investments last year alone.
“We launched LA Blockchain Summit to make Southern California the global epicenter of decentralized finance and technology,” said Alon Goren, Founding Partner of Draper Goren Holm. “It has now become the world’s top blockchain conference granting Southern California investors the best blockchain deal flow in the world. Draper Goren Holm gets first-look access to these opportunities.”
The Venture Studio welcomed the following 10 early-stage equity and token investments:
- Totle: Swap, exchange, and pay tokens while automatically getting the best prices from decentralized exchanges.
- Giftz: Tokenizing stored value, like points, miles, and eGift Cards, so they can be easily exchanged peer-to-peer (socially) or distributed as incentives and rewards across disparate merchant platforms.
- CasperLabs: A decentralized blockchain and smart contracting platform that scales for real-world usage and simplifies experiences for developers and end-users.
- Degens: Ethereum’s first betting exchange.
- Open Relay / Rivet: Delivers blockchain infrastructure as a service.
- Return Network: A new way for anyone to access the returns that decentralized financial products offer, without having to interact with cryptocurrencies.
- Simetria: Israel’s first digital securities exchange.
- Tezos Stable Technologies: The building of stable, scalable, open-source, technologies for the advancement of Tezos DeFi, and for the betterment of the Tezos ecosystem.
With the launch and principal close of the Fund in October at 2020’s seventh annual LA Blockchain Summit, Draper Goren Holm made four investments covering various sectors like digital securities, decentralized finance, and artificial intelligence.
The following portfolio companies received a follow-on investment through the Fund:
- Ownera: A global base-layer Proof of Ownership protocol on which the market can compete to manage all regulated asset ownership and trade.
- LunarCRUSH: A real-time social media analytics platform that helps cryptocurrency investors understand the true value of over 2000+ cryptocurrencies.
- PrimeDAO: A collective of experienced builders committed to the systemic advancement of open finance.
- AlphaFin: Creating an ecosystem of innovative decentralized financial systems, each collaborating to achieve better inclusion and access for the entire global economy.
2020 was a year to remember on the global technology landscape with a focus on scaling operations, Draper Goren Holm is projected to present even more impressive numbers in 2021.